As your business or creative projects take off, you may outgrow your current hosting plan.
Maybe your e-commerce site is so popular that it needs more server resources than your shared hosting plan provides. Maybe your web design business needs more sandbox space to put up test sites for your clients. Or your hosting reseller business is blowing up and you’re ready for the next level.
A VPS might be your best choice if you need:
- Specialized software that’s not available on a shared hosting plan.
- A sandbox environment for design and testing.
- Root access without the expense of a dedicated server.
A dedicated server could be the right choice for you if:
- You need more resources than you can access on a shared hosting plan—for example, if you run a big eCommerce site, have tons of media to load and need pages to load as fast as possible.
- Your business requires storage space for a lot of email—for example, if you practice law or run a customer service business.
- You’re ready to expand your reseller business so you can host a ton of sites and manage their resource allocation.
- You have the budget for a dedicated server.